How to Make Crockpot Tortilla Chicken Soup and Hearty Lentil Soup in No Time!
Today we are topic is – How to Make Crockpot Tortilla Chicken Soup and Hearty Lentil Soup in No Time! so How much time do you have to make dinner every night? If you’re like most Americans, the answer might be very little. With work, kids, and everyday life getting in the way, you can find yourself exhausted by 6pm! Luckily, there are some dishes that are so easy to make in the crockpot soup or even while you’re at work that they can virtually be on your table as soon as you walk in the door!
Chicken Noodle Soup
After you’ve made this easy, quick soup once, you’ll appreciate the taste of the homemade soup. You may never eat
canned chicken noodle soup again.
Makes 6 Servings
Cooking + Prep Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tbsp. of butter or olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chopped onion, yellow
- 2 x 1/2″-chopped celery ribs
- 1 & 1/2 cups of 1/2″-sliced, peeled carrots
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves, medium
- 8 cups of stock, chicken or vegetable
- 2 to 3 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces of noodles, your favorite type
- 1 tbsp. of minced parsley, flat-leaf
- 1 tsp of salt, sea
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper, cracked
In a large pot, heat olive oil or butter on medium heat. After it shimmers, add carrots, onions, and celery. Stir often
while cooking for 4-5 minutes, till onions become translucent. Add the garlic. Cook for a minute more.
Add stock & bay leaves and bring soup to boil on high heat. Then reduce the heal level to medium. Cook for about
10 more minutes, till the veggies are almost tender.
Add noodles, chicken, parsley, sea salt & cracked pepper. Bring to a heavy simmer. Cover the pot. Maintain low Boil for 10-12 more minutes until the chicken has warmed fully and noodles become tender. Serve.
Simple, Hearty Lentil Soup
This lentil soup cooks in an Instant Pot, making it a convenient dinner, even on weeknights. Let the Instant Pot do
the cooking for you.
Makes 3 quarts
Cooking + Prep Time: 50 minutes
- 3 sliced carrots
- 3 pieces chopped celery
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cups of rinsed, drained brown or green lentils
- 8 cups of broth, vegetable
- 8 ounces of tomato juice, no salt added
- 1 cup of water, filtered
- 1 tbsp. of cumin, ground
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric, ground
- 1 organic bay leaf
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt + extra to serve, as desired
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper, ground + extra to serve, as desired
- 8 ounces of baby spinach – remove any large stems
- To serve: olive oil, as desired
In the base of Instant Pot, combine celery, carrots, garlic, onions, lentils, tomato sauce, and broth. Add a cup of filtered water, then coriander, cumin, bay leaf, and turmeric. Add 1 tsp of kosher salt & 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
Cover Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place. Seal handle for steam release. Choose high pressure. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
After the time is up, allow the mixture to set for 8-10 minutes. Release pressure manually by unsealing the steam release handle. Remove the lid, watching for steam escaping. Remove bay leaf and discard.
Add spinach and stir. Let it sit till it wilts. Add more salt, as desired. Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil, as desired. Serve.
Crockpot Tortilla Chicken Soup
There is nothing easier than making soup in a crockpot. Add the ingredients, and the slow cooker does all your
cooking for you.
Makes 12 Servings
Cooking + Prep Time: 15 minutes + 5 hours crockpot time
- 3 chicken breasts, whole
- 1 tsp. of cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. of chili powder
- Kosher salt & ground pepper, as desired
- 1 chopped onion, medium
- 1 seeded, chopped bell pepper, red
- 1 seeded, chopped bell pepper, yellow
- 1 x 28-oz. can of tomatoes, diced or whole, with their juices
- 1 x 10-oz. can of tomatoes & chilies
- 3 cups of chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 ounces of tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 x 14 & 1/2-oz. can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 juiced, fresh lime
- For the topping: sour cream (low fat), avocado cubes, leaves of cilantro, grated cheddar cheese, as desired
Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker. Sprinkle on cumin and chili powder. Sprinkle with kosher salt & ground pepper, as desired.
Add onions, bell peppers, chicken broth, tomatoes, chipotle, tomatoes & chilies, tomato paste & black beans. Then
stir well. Cover slow cooker. Cook on the high setting for five hours. Stir in lime juice.
Use two forks to break chicken into chunks or shred it. Transfer back to the slow cooker if it needs to be reheated. Add
additional salt, if desired. Add to individual bowls topped with avocado cubes, light sour cream, cilantro leaves, and grated cheese, as desired. Serve.
You can also read – Top 10 Vegetarian Quick and Easy Recipes 2022